Monday, December 2, 2013

Five Day Challenge, Day 2

6. Favorite equestrian book and movie
 I read a lot of books, particularly horse books, so narrowing it down to just one is kind of hard. however, I do really like Beyond the Homestretch, by Lynn Reardon. It's an awesome book that you guys should read some time.

 For movies, my favorite is Secretariat. I enjoyed the movie, which follows Penny Chenery and Secretariat up to the point where Big Red won the Belmont Stakes by a whopping 31 lengths.

 I also like Buck, though it is really a documentary, not a movie.

7. Most common riding misconceptions
 I think this one is supposed to be about what other people think about riding. In that case, a common misconception I hear is, "Riding is easy. The horse does all the work." That kind of annoys me because, as equestrians know, the horse does not do all the work. An equestrian is an athlete.

8. Two riding strengths and one weakness
Strengths
1. I am learning pretty quickly.
2. I sit up straight in the saddle.

Weakness
1. Sometimes I don't keep my head up and look where the horse and I are going.

9. Least favorite thing about horses and/or riding
 The cost is what I don't like. Not only does buying one often cost a lot, but when you include, feeding, boarding, and training, the price goes up even more.

10. What do you feed your horse?
 I don't own a horse yet, but before I get one I'll do my research on what to feed a that particular horse.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading this post! I love to hear from and interact with my readers; it's what makes blogging worth it, so please comment and let me know what you think.