Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Review: A Horse to Remember by Juliana Hutchings

 I was recently approached by author Juliana Hutchings to write a review on her novel, A Horse to Remember. The story follows a girl named Hilary, a city girl who moves from a big town in Delaware to a small town in Tennessee. Shortly after arriving, she beings working at a nearby stable, where she finds a wild black mustang stallion, named Satan for his aggressiveness, that even experienced horse people where afraid to work with. Hilary notices that the mustang has something in common with herself: he is lonely and out of place, so she soon begins to secretly train the horse. However, she has to keep the training a secret since the horse doesn't belong to her.

 I really enjoyed reading this book! From the moment I started reading, I could hardly put it down. It is a lovely story about the bond that exists between a horse and his rider and the ambitions of a young rider. It has a touching ending.  Amazingly the author was my age when she started writing the book, which is very cool. It was written for someone about my age(early teens), and I would recommend it to others about my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post! I love to hear from and interact with my readers; it's what makes blogging worth it, so please comment and let me know what you think.